Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The library!

Today I took a trip to the library for the first time.  For those of you who don't know, or who have forgotten what it is....it's pretty magical.  There are SOOOO many books there, and magazines, and movies and music.  Oh my goodness....more than you can ever imagine.  AND, I can look at any of it (well, almost any of it), that I want while I am there.  AND, if I want, the library will let me 'borrow' a book or some music to take home and read or listen to or watch.  Wow....this U.S. goverment has something going for it.  I hear Mommy complaining an awful lot about our government, homeland security, and something called a 'two party system' that she disagrees with.  But, I hope she remembers how great some parts of the US government are.  Not everyone is so lucky as to live in a country with government services like these.

Today, Mommy let Clara Shei and I each pick one book to check out to start with.  I found a book from Tanzania in the shelves!  I even own the book, it is about the masai....me!  I think it's pretty cool that they have a book all the way from East Africa in a library in Northern California. BUT....since I own the book at home and have read it a gazillion times, I chose a different book to check out.  It's all about having a picnic with jungle animals!  I can't wait to read it more thoroughly tonight.  I'll let you know what I think!

1 comment:

bradi said...

I think the library is one of the best places in the world to go! Everything is there and it's all for you!