Thursday, May 27, 2010

Barefoot Over the Serengeti

I love to read.  I ask my Mommy several times a day to sit and read with me.  Most times its my books that I want to read....some of my favorites are, "If I were a lion", "Where the Wild Things Are", "An African Princess" (we change it to Prince), and "Baby Owls". 

Sometimes I want Mommy to read her book out loud to me.  I used to ask her to do this a lot when we were in Tanzania.  I would play with my blocks or my train on the floor and ask Mommy to read out loud to me.  If she stopped I would say, "Please read Mommy".  This sometimes drove my poor Uncle Gogo CRAZY.  But, I learned a lot about farming and eating because much of my Mommy's book, The Omnivores Dilemma, was read out loud to me. 

Now my Mommy has been reading, "Barefoot Over the Serengeti".  I asked her to read it out loud and figured out that it is about life in Africa and the Masai!  Now, I want her to read it to me ALL the time.  We sit in bed at night and she reads me 10 pages every night.  I sit and listen enthralled.  I really hope it never ends!


1 comment:

bradi said...

We're going to check out that book, Aki! Keep reading ;)