Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lushoto

We went out of town this weekend, so sorry for not being able to post. We left on Friday right after Mommy got out of work and immediately headed on the road. The trip was supposed to originally be me, Mommy, Shei Shei, Uncle Gogo, Linda, Kyle, Aiden, Arif, Suchi, and Priya. Unfortunately, Linda's Dad wasn't feeling well, so Linda, Kyle and Aiden decided to stay a bit closer to home. So, Aiden didn't get to come with this weekend. Bummer!
The rest of us got in two cars and started our caravan toward the Usambara Mountains on the road from Arusha to Dar es Salaam. We got to the base of the mountain in about 4.5 hours. Then, we had to drive way way up into the mountains to get to the town of Lushoto and to the Muller's Lodge where we were staying. We ended up getting to the lodge very late in the evening.
The next day everyone went on a big hike. Mommy and Shei Shei and I stayed behind though...Mommy knew that it would be too much for Shei Shei and I to be on people's backs for these big steep climbs. And, there are no railings, so it isn't the safest for little kids. Instead, we played around the lodge and spent time together and then we drove up to meet the hikers for lunch.
All in all it was a pretty fun weekend. There was a lot of time to read, and some time for hikes, and time to sit outdoors and breathe the very cold fresh air. It is so beautiful up there! Mommy thought it was a lot of work, but I was glad we went.
I was SUPER DUPER glad when we came home. As soon as we pulled onto the small road that goes to our house on Sunday evening, I started to clap and sing, "appy appy...Twiga Twiga....appy appy" As soon as we got home I wanted to give Twiga a big kiss and hug. And, I spent the evening while Mommy and Uncle Gogo unpacked the car going through each one of my toys and organizing them all. Don't tell Mommy, but I was really just trying to be sure that no one had stolen any of them!











No comments: