Sunday, July 26, 2009

Huge Weekend of Firsts!

Wow..Mommy said this was going to be big, but I had no idea. On Friday Mommy told me we were going on an adventure, just us, without Shei Shei, or Twiga or Uncle Gogo. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but we got in the car and started driving on a REALLY bad road for a REALLY long time. We stopped at a place where we had to do a lot of paperwork and suddenly....

Well, I was not in Kansas anymore! It was my very first time to cross the border and leave Tanzania. We went to Kenya for the weekend!

We drove to Nairobi and we drove to a very fancy hotel, the Stanley in downtown. We got to stay there in a nice big room, and we had room service (that's where people bring the food right to the room) and we watched the news on TV. Wow!

Then, the next day, someone showed up VERY early at our room. My Bestamom (grandma). I call her Bada. I've met her on the computer screen on Skype before, but there she was in real life. I was a little wary at first, but it wore off pretty fast.

Well, we had fun in Nairobi. We did a lot of shopping (who are we kidding, that was way more fun for Bada and Mommy than for me) and we went to visit the giraffes (raffes) and we even got to feed them!

And, probably most fun of all....we got to go swimming in the nicest pool. I love love love to swim, and the hotel has a pool on the rooftop and it is VERY heated and so you can go in at night and its all warm and comfortable and fun to swim in. Bada and I both LOVE to swim, so we never wanted to leave that pool. We went in at night and again in the morning before we drove back to Arusha. I loved it! And, the best part of the whole weekend is that Bada is coming home to Arusha with us!










No comments: