Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July


Wow! I have never gotten to celebrate 4th of July before, but let me tell you, if this is what the country that I'm going to become a citizen is like.....I wanna join RIGHT NOW!
We had a little bbq today for some friends to come over and celebrate American Independence today. Mommy was hosting. What makes that so fun is that she doesn't have time to constantly be monitoring my every move....especially with Shei Shei around. That means...FREEDOM....particularly fitting on this day of celebrating American FREEDOM. I got to run amok throughout the compound. I played a LOT with Aiden and Nema. My friends, Elias and Gabriel came to party as well.

I also learned how much I love corn today. I love it so much that I went around to every plate in or out of a person's hand that I could find. And, I swiped the corn right off of their plate and ate it. I ate a LOT of corn on the cob today. Mommy seemed mortified when she figured out what I had been up to. But, it's no different than swiping the milk bottle out of the hungry kids hands at the orphanage....you snooze, you loose!

Thanks to everyone for coming to our 4th of July celebration and thanks to America for becoming independent....I can't wait to meet you!

































1 comment:

vanpeltium said...

Happy First 4th of July!!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Caden ate his fill of corn on the cob too.