Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From Flying Fairies to Flying Beds

I have been living in a world of imagination.  I love love love to read, and it is one of the only ways to get me to calm down.  If I am starting to get too crazy, you only need ask if I would like to read, and I'm immediately sitting in the big red chair in the living room surrounded by my favorite stories.

I also have begun to enjoy chapter books.  I have recently finished my first chapter book with my mommy....Bedknob and Broomstick.  Now, we are on to Heidi.  I love to sit with my Mom at night in her bed and read a few chapters of our story.  It is our special time together.

Here is a sampling of some of my favorite books.  These are those I am currently enjoying on a daily basis.  In  particular I love the Story A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Puck is so funny and he makes such mischief, which I can really relate to.  I had a bit of a hard time understanding Puck's plan to squeeze magic flower juice on sleeping people's eyes in order to cause mischief.  I wanted to do it too, and for a few days I would just go up to people and grab hold of their eyelids and sqqquuueeezzzeee.  Mommy put a stop to that pretty quickly though. I really loved Bedknob and Broomstick and especially when they flew on the bed to the island where there are cannibals.  Sometimes, I will stop in the middle of the day and ask my mommy to be quiet because 'the cannibals are coming and they want to eat us for lunch!'.  yikes!!!  Now we are reading Heidi and I love learning about life in the alps.  It really sounds great!

I have also really loved learning about Martin Luther King Jr. and read the book often (though it's not pictured).  I tell me mom often that Martin told us to meet hate with love and even when people put a bomb in his house he said, "NO VIOLENCE". 


OH, and my Mom also forgot to put Bonyo Bonyo, the Brave Boy of Kenya in the photo.  So, I put her straight and we made a photo of the book by itself.  It deserves its own picture.  I love to pretend to be Bonyo Bonyo, the Brave Boy from Kenya and I plan to grow up and be a doctor, just like him!  (only I'll be the bave boy from Tanzania)

1 comment:

vanpeltium said...

Dr Aki,
I'm very impressed with your reading list...your mom has picked some great books! Lucky guy :)