Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Busiest Day!

My mommy was a bit distressed when she figured out that we had 3 really fun things to do all within one afternoon!  She was trying to decide what to do..and then we decided that somehow we just couldn't make a decision.  We would find a way to do it all!  And then....of course, it decided to poor freezing rain down from the sky ALL DAY LONG...just to make our busy busy day very wet (and a little more complicated)

Our day started with a birthday party for Noah.  He is a friend of ours from church and he was turning 2!  He had a train theme birthday party and lots of yummy food.  I enjoyed trying to grab any food I could without my mommy noticing (including snitching bites of the birthday cake before it was cut) and playing with the train set on the floor with all our church friends. 





We had to leave Noah's birthday early in order to make it to Lindsey Wildlife Center because a massai warrior was coming to give a presentation on the natural ways of life of the massai people.  It was so cool to see other massai people, just like me, in California. I got to help him start a fire from acacia tree wood, and he gave Clara Shei and I a massai blessing!  I loved to meet him and remember all the special things from our life in Arusha and the massai people. 











After leaving Lindsey Wildlife, we quickly headed over to BART and hopped on the monorail, into the city for the Chinese New Year parade.  It was really cold...and really really crowded, but oh how I loved it! Mommy held me up for a long time so that I could see the chinese dragon.  At the end of the parade a very nice man lifted me up so I could touch the dragon!  That means I will have good luck all this year. 












What a perfect day!  Oh, and I forgot to mention....Auntie Resa is visiting as well.  She and Uncle Gogo met us in the city to watch the parade and get some chinese food afterward.  I had SO MUCH FUN TODAY!  I was exhausted after this day....but I'm so glad we decided to do it all....I could not have chosen just one of these events today....we needed to do all of them.  Whew....so tired, headed to bed!

No comments: