Sunday, November 21, 2010

Clara Shei turns 2

I can hardly believe it myself!  How did my sister get so big so fast? 

Well...somehow she did.  And, we celebrated this special event all day.  After church we headed out to.....(drum roll please).......THE MALL! 

WHAT?  The mall?  We spent a two year old birthday at the mall?  Well, my sister is clearly a fashionista, but we didn't really do any shopping.  Instead we started out at Nordstrom Cafe, which is one of Clara Shei and my favorite places to eat.  After that...Mommy took us to the Build a Bear workshop (where she swore she would NEVER set foot in) and let us each build a reindeer.  Clara Shei wasn't very sure about how to get the stuffing into her reindeer (Clarice).  I had no problem stuffing my Rudolph.  After we had given our reindeers hearts, and baths and birth certificates, we headed out to the play area at the mall and had so much fun running around with all the crazy kids there. 

All in all...this was a pretty great day!  I only have a bit of trouble with the idea that it is a day just for Clara Shei.  It's really hard for me to share the spotlight, much less give it over to her for a whole day!  Still...I guess it is Clara Shei's day after all....and at least she shares her cake with me. 












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Clara. God bless u. Say Hi to mommy and brother kai