Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shei Shei is my forever sister today

I'm so happy today and everyone in the family is cheering. Shei Shei passed adoption court in Tanzania today and the judge gave the order that she will now be part of our family. I'm so happy. Of course, she's been my sister all along, but now its legal.

Tonight, we had some friends over to celebrate the happy news. While I was going potty on the potty chair in the bathroom, I heard Shei Shei begin to cry! I panicked and started calling out, 'done, done' so that I could quickly get off the potty chair and run out to the front room crying out, "Shei Shei....Shei Shei", run right through all the grownups in the room, so that I could get quickly to her side and give her kisses and make sure that she's ok.

After all, I am her official big brother, it's my job to make sure she's ok!

Welcome to the family Shei Shei....we're so glad you are here.

1 comment:

Shally's Med Corner said...

Congratulation Aki and Shei Shei for being legally brother and sister. You have a good family and a great mom.