Monday, August 3, 2009

Showing Bada Around

This weekend we had a great time showing Bada around the area. On Saturday we went first to Tengeru and to the market there. Bada even bought a Kanga there. Then, we went to Cradle of Love so she could see where Clara Shei and I lived before we came home. We had a fun time seeing all the kids, though my friends were taking a nap. We'll have to go back. Then, we drove on to Moshi so Bada could see what Arusha used to be like.

On Sunday we went to Mt. Meru game lodge for brunch. We ran into Maureen. She was a volunteer at Cradle of Love last year....she knew me when I was a baby! Now she has come back to Arusha to volunteer with the big kids at a different orphanage. It was really fun to see her. And....it was fun to play with the big kids! After we ate, we all got in the car and went to Arusha National Park to do a game drive. We saw lots of cool animals - baboons and monkeys and raffes. I LOVE to look for the monkeys in the trees and I've become quite an animal spotter! AND, we saw Maureen and the kids AGAIN! What a fun day!!!









No comments: