Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting Out of Town

Well, I've finally returned to do some blogging.



A few days after Shyam's passing, the family decided to get out of Arusha to try to breath some fresh air and to not be inundated daily with people and questions etc.



So, we drove. First we drove to Dar es Salaam and then the following day we flew over to Zanzibar. It was my first time to go on a plane. I really liked it and now I'm obsessed with planes. As soon as I hear one flying in the sky, I have to find my Mommy and tell her, 'i plane, i plane'.



In zanzibar, we first stayed in Paje, a small village on the East coast. It was beautiful and my first chance to swim in the ocean. I also LOVED the ocean and didn't want to ever get out of that nice fun, warm water. We played and played in the ocean. Then, we went into Stone Town and spent a few days in there. We did some shopping (BORING) and also we went on a spice tour. We learned all about the different spices on the Island, and then a man climbed a coconut tree for us and I drank coconut milk straight from the nut. I LOVED it.



All in all, a Zanzibar vacation with my Mom, Uncle and Bada was just the most fun experience. I hope I get to go back someday....it was a really magical time.


Unfortunately the photos from this trip were lost in a computer backing up disaster! You'll have to take my word for it...I really did swim in the Indian ocean.

No comments: