Friday, June 12, 2009

The Run Around

Today I didn't get to go to baby group. Mommy is trying to get all my paperwork in order. Before I can get on the insurance at her work, I need to have all my paperwork in order and sent to the UNNY office. However, I have to get that paperwork from Tanzanian government departments.

Mommy told Bestamom this morning that she was dreading the afternoon and trying to get my birth certificate. Bestamom asked why. Mommy explained that Tanzanian government offices are 100 times worse than a trip to the DMV.

Today was exactly that. Mommy and David drove around all afternoon from one agency to the next, one hospital to the next trying to find where I was born, a record of me, a letter stating that I was born etc. I just wish I could help her out...but I was too little then to remember much, plus they really need a piece of paper stating that I exist.

In the end, Mommy came home empty handed. She will have to try again on Monday and hope that she does not get fired. She has to get this all settled within a month, otherwise, the window for me to get onto her insurance closes and we have to wait a year to enroll me, and I don't think that there is any way on earth that Mommy is going to allow me to not get insured on time. I hope that she can at least relax this weekend and we can all play together a bit. I love to have special quiet time with the family.

No comments: