Friday, November 28, 2008

The Facts....

As I may be new news to many of you, (or just about EVERYONE) my Mom thinks that you might want some of the basic facts.

My birth mom is named Lillian Emanuel and my birth father is named Araphat Sirikwa. My name at birth was Lawrence Sirikwa. My new Mom is changing my name to Akira Topher Bowman.

My birth dad isn't in the picture anymore. My birth mom is a really nice lady and we'll always be so grateful to her. She is very young and pretty, but unfortunately she is HIV positive and is now showing signs of full blown AIDS. However, she sure did love me a lot. As soon as she found out about me, she did everything right. When I was born, she had me through a C-section and I was put on medication as soon as I came out. Also, she didn't breast feed me. She took me to a good baby home and asked them to find a new Mom for me since she knew she wouldn't be able to be around for my growing up. I was tested on 7 November and have come back clean as a whistle.....I am, in fact, a healthy bouncy 14 month old little boy. I was born in Arusha, but have been living in an orphanage named Cradle of Love, which only takes babies located at Usa River about a half hour out of town. I didn't go first to this orphanage, but was transferred to CoL from another orphanage because they thought I was HIV positive and that place didn't allow babies there who are sick with HIV. Luckily I wasn't....but I still got to stay at CoL where they took such good care of me and I got to find my new family.

I can't think of any more info. Oh, let's see. I'm not quite talking yet....but I'm making noises. And, I'm also not quite walking yet. I will stand with help from a grown up, but I figure....why walk when you can be carried. We'll see how long my new Mom is a sucker for! SHHHH....don't tell her my trick.

No comments: