Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Art of Sharing

First off.....let's be clear, sharing is not so easy. You grown ups make it sound like its easy peasy....but I know the truth, sharing is hard. And, I think you might hold my view of this if you had to share with 30 some other kids.

My Mom clearly wants me to learn about this sharing thing. I think that this is something she and I may need to work out....she's just going to have to understand my point of view. When I am finished with my bottle of milk after nap time....and there are other slower kids next to me still sucking away, taking their time....I go for it! I mean, Darwin's theory right.....you snooze, you loose....that's what I say! My Mom somehow doesn't want me rip the bottle straight from the lips of the baby lying next to me and watch as they burst into an inconsolable tantrum. I really don't know what her problem is, so the kids crying, he'll get over it, and I've got extra milk! Well, I don't want to upset her too badly so when she tells me no, I just look up all innocent like at her and wait for her to look away again....and the I go for it!

And it's not just milk that she expects me to share....its toys too. Now, granted the orphanage does have plenty of toys....but I want the big one that all the other kids want. If only I could stand and walk I might have a better chance of ripping it out this other kids hands....but then people might stop carrying me around, what a dilemma!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello little guy!I am so happy for you and your new Mama!I am very proud of your new Mama. She is an exquisite, very courageuos young Lady:) and I miss her a lot. You are born under lucky star to have her as your new Mama:) You know what, when she came to live in Arusha for the first time, she shared a room with me, and have to say since then I wished i always had her around to wake me in the mornings by chanting itno my ears "Wake up butter cup".I bet she's going to do the same thing to you:)You may not like it at first but trust me, you are gojung to long for it after you'll be away in college:) I am very anxious to meet you in person but unfortunately haven't got any idea when this might happen.Until then I will watch you via net.Buziaki z Krakowa. Agata