Sunday, June 19, 2011

Yo Ho, a Pirates Life for Me (and a bottle of rum for my mommy)

Today was SO much fun.  We woke up early and mommy and I went to the Y for an early morning swim session.  I'm really getting the hang of it.  Mommy just gets frustrated that I am a lazy kicker.  I mostly want to float like a jelly fish in the water.  Mommy keeps telling me that I have to kick if I want to get anywhere.  She clearly doesn't get it....I don't WANT to go anywhere!

After that...we went home and picked up Clara Shei....also picked up Uncle Gogo (or Topher or Gopherter...so many names for him, so little time) and headed out to the Pirate Festival in Vallejo.  We met up with mommy's friend Monica and her three kids, Greg, Kelly and Paul there and it was so fun.  I keep telling mommy all night how much I liked Kelly.  She was so nice to me!

I was really nervous and spent much of the drive there asking to go home.  I wasn't at all sure how I felt about meeting pirates face to face.  But, mommy wouldn't turn the car around and we just kept heading toward those fiercesome pirates.  After we got into the pirate fair and I met with a few of them....they seemed pretty nice and not really scary (well, mommy sort of thought that they were scary, but I think it was more in the why-are-grown-men-dressing-up-and-acting-like-pirates sort of way).  I did hear her remark that this was the sort of event where a bottle of rum was clearly a requirement. 

In the end, I took a pirate class and learned how to board a ship, clean a ship and walk the plank.  I made a pirate flag, saw a pirate ship battle on the water and explored a pirate ship.  I even got my own pirate eye patch....I said, "aurgh" a lot to other pirates and even went in a bouncy house thing.  To top of our pirate day mommy let us come home, wear our eye patch and watch a movie about pirates before bed!  What a fantastic day!!!  Yo ho to you all!!!











No comments: