Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An art lover

My interests are wide and varied and now include fine art.  I've always loved music, and dancing.  However, after today....I am a fine art lover as well. 

We went to the De Young museum in Golden Gate Park today.  It is filled with amazing art from every continent.  I saw elaborate head dresses from Africa, and strangely carved bowls from the Incas.  I even saw a statue with a man sticking out his tongue.  I thought that was pretty funny! 

I wandered the rooms with Mommy, and sometimes just sat on the bench in the center of the room with her, while we looked at lots of paintings on the walls and talked about them.  I liked talking about colors, or different images that I saw in the paintings or what I thought might be happening in the paintings.  It's fun to see what other people have created and to get new ideas myself about them.  There was some installation art, pieces of burnt, chared wood suspended from the ceiling by fish wire. I walked right into that room and exclaimed, "it's raining....it's beautiful".  I talked with Mommy about a painting with two people in a living room, and I thought that they were in their pajamas, getting ready to go to sleep and turning off the lights in the house.  And, I pondered why the chairs were considered 'art' and Mommy told me that I couldn't sit in them, when they looked so nice and I was tired! 

We also went up to the top tower of the museum where you can look out and see amazing views of the city!  What a fun day.  So far, every museum I have visited is really cool.  I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: