Wednesday, July 7, 2010

museums are for kids...

Today I saw the Golden Gate Bridge for the first time.  Wow...that is one big bridge.  And, I got to play at the Discovery museum with my little sister.  Not too shabby.  Oh, except there was a very mean woman there who tried to get me in trouble!  Can you even imagine.  Shei Shei and I were in the galaxy exhibit learning all about space and spaceships.  She and I were playing with some toys and then we started wandering the exhibit together.  We lost Mommy and Bada for a few seconds....when they caught up with us we were hanging out with a little baby in a stroller.  The babies Mommy was with his big sister right next to us.  When Mommy walked up she told Shei Shei and I it was time to get going and asked Shei Shei if she was being a nice girl.  The mommy of the baby told MY Mommy that Shei Shei was being very nice.  Now that sounds perfectly fine, but the WAY she said it and the WAY she looked at ME when she was saying it....well, she was clearly trying to tattle on me.  Can you imagine that she would actually tell on me!?!

Well, I had to set my mommy straight. We stepped outside and got ready to leave the museum.  Mommy took me aside and told me that she wanted me to be a better sharer and she wanted to be proud of me and couldn't when I wasn't good at sharing with friends.  Oh!  Can you believe it.  That lady actually got me in trouble and now I was being lectured about being a good sharer!  Well, that was too much.  I had to set things straight.  I told her, "Mommy....Shei Shei gave MY toys away to that baby!". 

1 comment:

Shae Shae Fantastica said...

I so so so love the blog from his perspective. Its fantastic! Ilse got me hooked on this blog and I am so grateful. I see that you have looked at blog and can get updates from CoL from time to time. Congrats on your adoption. Unfortunately, those of us who want to follow in your footsteps won't be able to due to the new Tanzanian laws. But I am so happy for you and for Akira and Shei (just like my name-- only you spelled it the correct way- the way a true Tanzanian should spell it!)