Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Happy Birthday Merica"

Wow, Merica has a lot of people that love it.  And, can they celebrate!  Today was Merica's birthday and we got up early to start our celebration.  We went down to a parade.  I've never seen a parade before but it was fun.  My Mommy and Bada were really hot and it didn't actually look like they were having as much fun, but I sure was.  I love the marching band and the music, it's so fun to dance.  And, people walk along (and sometimes even animals) and show different things like talents that they might have or clubs they are in etc.....but the best part is that sometimes, they hand stuff out.  I got an American flag and a plane.  SO cool....

After the parade we went over to the park, again it was about 300 degrees out, but I didn't mind.  Mommy looked like she was melting though.  We practiced some tumbling and rode on a train around the park.

Well, after all that excitement, we had to go home and have a rest.  In the evening we got a picnic together and headed for the fireworks in Berkeley.  We took light jackets, though couldn't imagine needing them with the heat of the day.  Wow....did we miscalculate.  It was FREEZING there.  The problem is....once you get in, they won't let you out.  No joke....there are so many policemen there and there is NO LEAVING the marina until 11pm AFTER the fireworks.  Mommy was a bit horrified.  But, we figured out that we could go to the bar in the very nice hotel there that was right on the waterfront and have a GREAT indoor seat to view the fireworks from.  Mommy got Shei Shei and I our first cup of hot chocolate and she had a glass of wine (she seemed to get a lot calmer after downing that wine).  We watched the fireworks and heard the booms and it was magnificent.  Part way through the fireworks, I needed to go to the bathroom, so mommy took me.  I sat down on the potty chair and started to go....and that freaky chair FLUSHED right when I was on it.  Oh My Gosh....it really freaked me out.  I jumped up!  Ever since then I feel the need to warn everyone that the potty chair is scary and makes a noise like this, "NEIGH".  Beware of the automatic potty chair....you never know, you might get sucked right in! 



Happy Merica's Birthday everyone, I hope you celebrated it right!

1 comment:

bradi said...

That looked like a fun parade (even with the heat)! Sounds like you had a great Independence Day ;)