Saturday, September 11, 2010

third year birthday extraveganza!

Well, I turned 3!  Can you believe it?  And, let me tell you....turning 3 is really really fun!  We rode on pedal boats through reservoirs, won horse races, went on safari to exotic places.  My actual Birthday was on Friday.  On Thursday the family began preparing for the festivities.  I had the traditional Bowman birthday cake, but with a special twist.  I wanted a 'chip chop' cake (which is from a book I have about Africa and the chip chop coconuts which make you STRONG like a lion.  In this case, I don't think that the birthday cake made me strong like a lion, but I do think it made my tummy pretty happy.  Chocolate chips were added into my cake to make it a chip chop cake.

On my actual celebration day, Mommy Uncle Gogo, Shei Shei and I spent the day together.  We went out to lunch.  I love Mexican food and Mommy gave me the choice of sushi or mexican...I chose mexican, so we went to Chipolte and some yummy lunch.  Mommy even let me have the chips and guacomole with my cheese quesadilla, rice and beans, since it was a special celebration.  Then, we went to the Lafayette Reservoir and took a paddle boat out on the lake.  How much fun!!!   I love the paddle boat.

















When everyone was home from work, we went out for a special birthay dinner....to Chuck E. Cheese.  I've never been there before but I LOVED it.  Mommy and Uncle Gogo were a little overwhelmed chasing me around, but I couldn't contain myself.  My favorite ride there was a horse racing ride, where I actually got to ride a horse. But, there was also a safari ride, and lots of trucks, and musical games....oh and some pizza too! 

















On top of all that there is cake on my birthday....yum!  I got to blow the candle out and THEN I got to open gifts.  I got a new book, and a recycling garbage truck, and a guitar and a super cool safari vehicle and safari animals to play with too!  I loved them all.

















After gifts I got to have a sleep over with my Mommy and Katy (our baby dog) and we watched Mulan II.  I love Mulan....she's SO cool. 

The next day we all went to the zoo together and I got to go on the train and see the Australin outback! 







Can you imagine....I hope I get to have a birthday EVERY week! 

2 comments:

Dorah said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aki!
Be Blessed.
What a wonderful family you have!

vanpeltium said...

Looks like a GREAT birthday weekend! Aki is getting so BIG! SLOW DOWN!!!